Final version, possibly.
Did a bit of an edit on the second design in my last post. Think I prefer this although I’ll probably still end up spending ages trying out different gaps between stripes and swapping in different designs before I get sick of it and just decide on one.
This is what I was supposed to be working on. They’re designs for deckchairs for a contest they’re running at my local pier, which is one of the oldest in the country, if not the oldest and rather lovely. It was completely renovated about fifteen years ago as the end kind of fell into the river at one point, whoops. Anyway, now it looks like this:
With the designs themselves I did the first one yesterday and felt a bit iffy about it, I think because it seems quite dark. The second was an attempt to make it look lighter and brighter, which I think I prefer but I’ll continue to mess around with it I think.
A few more random designs. The original drawing I used for these is actually something I did right at the beginning of my second year at university. It’s interesting looking at them compared to the designs I did at the time as it makes me realise how much I’ve developed since then. I think I need to try more things in the future so I don’t get stuck to one particular style as it would be easy to just churn out designs in the same way all the time. At the moment I’m just glad I can consistently produce designs which I don’t hate or think I could have done better.
I was trying to come up with a design for a contest thing and then ended up doing these instead as it was frustrating me and I wasn’t particularly confident about what I could come up with. I’ll give it another shot tomorrow and hopefully be able to incorporate a couple of these into what I’m supposed to be doing somehow.
I put together a repeat out of this drawing I did last year. Still trying out different things with it and I’m not sure about these but thought I’d post them anyway.
Added a bit of texture to one of the last designs I posted. Can’t decide if I prefer a lighter or darker background.
Trying out some anatomical designs for the first time in quite a while using some drawings I didn’t get around to using. I think they need something more like a subtle texture in the background as these look a bit flat but I just wanted to get the repeat sorted first. Repeat wise I think I prefer the second one although the colours need some work.
Just put together this quick design for a Spoonflower contest out of elements I already had around. It’s only a simple but I quite like it.
I got my samples of the designs I put on Spoonflower through today, so I can finally put them on sale. A few of the colours are slightly different from what they started off as due to Spoonflower’s weird colouring system but overall I’m really happy with them and how they look.
You can get them here, if you so wish. If anyone does I’d love it if you sent me photos of anything you make with them.